A Technology Blog About Code Development, Architecture, Operating System, Hardware, Tips and Tutorials for Developers.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Workspace in use or cannot be created - Eclipse

5:17:00 PM Posted by Satish , , , , , 1 comment

Eclipse is saying that the "Workspace in use or cannot be created"  in Ubuntu. I say ok, probably a lock file was left behind and so I do:

rm ~/workspace/.metadata/.lock

No error (so the file was left behind), yet the problem is not solved. I tried clearing out the workspace path. Same problem.

Googleing, I found this post, so I ran:

sudo gedit /usr/share/eclipse/configuration/.settings/org.eclipse.ui.ide.prefs

removed the RECENT_WORKSPACES line. It works now.

Reference:
http://abautu.blogspot.in/2009/05/eclipse-says-workspace-in-use-or-cannot.html

1 comment: